How do I shutdown an ESXi server?
- Locate the ESXi host in the inventory.
- Power off all virtual machines that run on the ESXihost.
- Select the ESXi host you want to power off.
- Select Actions > Power.
- Select the operation. To power off and restart the ESXi host, click Reboot.
- Provide a reason for the operation and click OK.
How do I turn on ESXi host remotely?
Powering on an ESX/ESXi host’s virtual machine (1003738)
- Connect to your vCenter Server/VirtualCenter using the vSphere Client/ Virtual Infrastructure Client.
- Select the virtual machine you want to power on from inventory.
- Right-click on the virtual machine name and click Power On.
How do I turn off ESXi shell?
From the vSphere Web Client select the ESXi Host and go to Configure >> System >> Security Profile. Under Services select Edit then select the ESXi Shell service and click the Stop button to stop the service.
How do I start SSH on ESXi host?
Once you log in, select the host and:
- Navigate to the Configure tab.
- Scroll down and select Security Profile under the System section.
- Locate the Services section and click the Edit button.
- Locate and click the SSH entry on the list. Click Start to enable SSH.
How do I force a VM to turn off?
Attempt to power off the virtual machine gracefully using the client: Connect the vSphere Client or vSphere Web Client to VMware vCenter Server. Right-click the virtual machine and click Power off.
How do I enable SSH on ESXi host?
How do I exit ESXi shell?
If you are in the limited console function of ESXi and need to return to the grey and yellow screen where it normally resides, simply press Alt+F2. This does not log out the root session on the console; however typing “exit” will do so.
Should you enable SSH on ESXi?
This step is not mandatory but highly recommended. It’s generally a good practice to only allow SSH access from trusted hosts or networks. If you plan to use VMcom Backup Appliance to backup an ESXi Free hypervisor host, make sure to include VMcom’s IP address in the list of trusted hosts.
How do I turn off an unresponsive Vmware ESX virtual machine?
Power off the virtual machine from the list by running one of these commands:
- esxcli vm process kill -t=soft -w=WorldID.
- esxcli vm process kill -t=hard -w=WorldID.
- esxcli vm process kill -t=force -w=WorldID.