How do I fix GNU GRUB error?
Alternate method to fix this “minimal BASH like line editing is supported” Grub error in Ubuntu based Linux
- Step 1: Boot in lives session. Plug in the live USB and boot in to the live session.
- Step 2: Install Boot Repair.
- Step 3: Repair boot with Boot Repair.
How do I remove grub rescue from CD?
- Put the Windows 7 installation/Upgrade disc in the disc drive, and then start the computer (set to boot from CD in BIOS).
- Press a key when you are prompted.
- Select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard or an input method, and then click Next.
- Click Repair your computer.
How do I reset grub rescue?
- The process to do that is simple. on start menu, select run and type msconfig.
- set boot=(hd0,msdos6)
- set prefix=(hd0,msdos6)/boot/grub.
- insmod normal.
- sudo update-grub.
- sudo grub-install /dev/sda.
- grub rescue> ls.
How do I uninstall GRUB?
To remove it:
- Hit Windows + X and select Disk Management .
- Find the Ubuntu partition. It will probably be a large partition without a drive letter.
- Be sure you have the correct partition!
- Right-click the partition and delete or reformat it with a Windows filesystem.
How do I manually boot grub?
Booting From grub> The first line sets the partition that the root filesystem is on. The second line tells GRUB the location of the kernel you want to use. Start typing /boot/vmli , and then use tab-completion to fill in the rest. Type root=/dev/sdX to set the location of the root filesystem.
How do I restore grub mode?
Booting into recovery mode
- Switch on your computer.
- Wait until the UEFI/BIOS has finished loading, or has almost finished.
- With BIOS, quickly press and hold the Shift key, which will bring up the GNU GRUB menu.
- Select the line which starts with “Advanced options”.
How do I remove Ubuntu and grub from dual boot?
Let’s see how to delete the Linux partition and extend your Windows disk with available freespace afterwards.
- Step 1: Go to disk management.
- Step 2: Identify Linux partition.
- Step 3: Delete Linux partition.
- Step 4: Extend Windows partition.
- Put in the Windows installation disk and restart your computer.