How do I decorate my basement for entertainment?
30 Surprisingly Stylish Basement Remodel Ideas
- 1 Warm things up with a Modern Faux Fireplace.
- 2 Set up Extra Seating Behind the Couches.
- 3 Turn the Space into a Craft Room.
- 4 Shiplap the Walls for a Cozier Feel.
- 5 Install a Formal Projector Screen.
- 6 Opt for Cinema-Themed Decor.
How do you make an unfinished basement fun?
The best way to make your unfinished basement feel complete is by adding accents and decor just as you would to any other room in your house. In addition to the basement ideas above, like hanging string lights and adding area rugs, bring in other details that will add warmth, texture, and ambiance.
How do I convert my basement into a game room?
Here are nine basement game room ideas that will be fun for the entire family.
- Bring in a pool table.
- Add a miniature bowling alley.
- Find a few old-school games.
- Optimize a small space.
- Claim a corner.
- Pick a moody paint color.
- Make a cozy space for lounging.
- Warm things up with wood.
How can I make my basement room more inviting?
12 Basement Remodeling Ideas For A More Inviting Space
- Install A Fireplace For A Relaxing Basement.
- Add Better Lighting To The Basement To Brighten Up Your Space.
- Set Up A Guest Bedroom In Your Basement.
- Install A Bar In Your Basement For Entertaining.
- Install Carpeting In Your Basement For A More Cozy Look.
How do you decorate a concrete basement wall?
how to cover concrete walls in a basement
- using drywall and paint to cover concrete walls.
- painting the concrete or block wall.
- Brick veneer panels for basement walls.
- cover your walls with real barnboards.
- combination weathered wood and painted drywall.
- use wallpaper to finish your basement walls.
What should I put in my finished basement?
16 of the Most Popular Uses for a Basement
- Home Bar. From sophisticated wine cellar to neighborhood pub to eclectic cocktail lounge–whatever you’re serving can be fun and festive in your own home bar.
- Game Room.
- Den or Informal Living Room.
- Wine Cellar.
- Theater / Media Room.
- Extra Storage.
- Workout Room / Home Gym.
How do you make a play area in unfinished basement?
Unfinished Basement Playroom
- Paint the basement walls in the stairwell.
- Move the storage to a back corner of the basement.
- Either stain the floors with a garage-floor epoxy, or install carpet tiles.
- Add storage for my daughters’ toys (either with bins or small bookshelves).
How cheap can you build a basement room?
Here’s how we were able to complete our basement remodel on the cheap:
- Safety Matters, especially with a Basement Remodel.
- Don’t Change the Floors.
- Pick Your Colors Wisely.
- Make the Space Work For You.
- Spend Money Where It Counts.
- Reuse What You Have.
- Don’t Finish the Ceiling.
- Dress Up Support Beams.
Does living in a basement cause depression?
“There is often less natural light in basement dwellings, which can lead to feeling depressed,” says Sinclair Kruth. “A lack of natural light can also lead to difficulty sleeping and disrupted sleep-wake cycles, which can lead to feeling fatigued but not able to rest properly.
What makes a basement cozy?
Think about the basement vertically, and choose items that will accentuate the positives, rather than highlight the negatives. Low-slung sofas and chairs and dark or rich colors draw the eye away from the low ceiling, and soft textures like suede provide a warm, cozy feel.
How can I make my concrete basement look good?
10 Affordable Ideas for Your Unfinished Basement
- 10 Ideas for your Unfinished Basement.
- 1 | Hide Mechanicals.
- 2 | Install Electrical Outlets.
- 3 | Deep Clean the Basement.
- 4 | Add Overhead Lighting.
- 5 | Paint the Exposed Ceiling.
- 6 | Paint the Basement Walls.
- 7 | Paint the Basement Concrete Floors.
What every basement should have?
8 Essentials of a Great Basement
- Focus on functionality.
- Install proper lighting.
- Consider flooring options.
- Create organized storage.
- Include a wine cellar or bar.
- Add a bathroom.
- Choose comfortable & stylish furniture and decor.
- Ensure proper air circulation.
How do you build a play area in a basement?
Unfinished basement floors can be hard and cold, making playtime uncomfortable and creating safety hazards if the child falls. Instead, create a warm and comfortable place for children to play by adding wall-to-wall carpeting, square carpet tiles, or big, fluffy washable rugs.
How do you make a basement kid friendly?
Keeping colors and themes easily transitional will make it simpler to keep the space updated as your children get older….9 DIY Basement Playroom Designs
- Sensory Play Table. Age Group: 0-3 Years Old.
- Cooking and Kitchen Play Area.
- Dress-Up Station.
- DIY Climbing Wall.
- Media Corner.
- Homework Station.
Why are basements scary?
Ghouls and goblins aside, however, a basement also can be scary when it comes to home maintenance. Basements are vulnerable to intrusion by water, damage by rot and invasion by pests such as termites and rodents. Most house a maze of exposed plumbing pipes, heating ducts and exhaust flues.