How do I contact the Apache tribe?
Apache Tribe of Oklahoma
- Physical Address: 511 East Colorado, Anadarko, OK, 73005.
- Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1330, Anadarko, Oklahoma, 73005.
- BIA Region: Southern Plains.
- Agency or Regional Office: Anadarko Agency.
- Website: apachetribe.org/
- Phone: (405) 247-9493.
- Fax: (405) 247-2763.
- Email: [email protected].
Who is the leader of the White Mountain Apache Tribe?
Kasey Velasquez Chairman Velasquez is up for re-election in 2026.
How do you join the Apache tribe?
To apply for membership to this tribe, you must meet the following requirements:
- Send a written “letter of intent” to be a member of this tribe.
- Provide genealogical history linking yourself (or your dependent) to a documented “Lipan Apache.”
How do I get money if I’m Native American?
As I mentioned not all tribes receive money….Every tribe has their own specific requirements, but mostly you’ll need to provide:
- Birth certificate.
- Social Security Card.
- Proof of lineage – usually going back three generations and/ or having a parent enrolled with the tribe.
- Application fee – which can run from $5 to $20.
What are the benefits of being enrolled in an Indian tribe?
Although Native Americans can, of course, also get general welfare-related benefits, food stamps, and healthcare coverage, there are options specific to their standing as a member of one of the 570+ recognized Native American tribes. To receive anything, the individual needs to be enrolled as a tribal member.
What percent of Native American do you have to be to get benefits?
Most tribes require a specific percentage of Native “blood,” called blood quantum, in addition to being able to document which tribal member you descend from. Some tribes require as much as 25% Native heritage, and most require at least 1/16th Native heritage, which is one great-great grandparent.
Where is the White Mountain Apache tribe located?
White Mountain Apache Tribe is located at: 201 E Walnut St Whiteriver AZ, 85941 PO Box 700
What is there to do on the White Mountain Apache Reservation?
Here on the White Mountain Apache Reservation we experience all four seasons. Come visit us at the historical Fort Apache, where the famous Apache Scouts were once posted. Also stop by our Culture Center & Museum, and take a look at Apache life. Theodore Roosevelt boarding school resides there and is still in operation today.
What is the Apache Reservation known for?
Here, on the White Mountain Apache Reservation, we are proud to produce the Apache Trout. A species found nowhere else in the world. The White Mountain Apache Tribe is also known for its world class hunting.