How do you troubleshoot a database server?
Information Gathering Phase
- Step 1: Gathering the Facts. The first step in any problem solving exercise is to gather the facts. You.
- Step 2: Test in Different. environments and Machines.
- Step 3: Review the SQL. Server Error Log.
- Step 4: Review the Event. Log.
- Step 5: Review the Default. Trace.
- Step 6: Review the Change. Log.
How do I change the database server in SharePoint farm?
To do this, follow these steps:
- Make sure that you use a user account that’s a member of the following:
- Start the SQL Server Client Network Utility (cliconfg.exe).
- On the General tab, verify that TCP/IP is enabled.
- On the Alias tab, click Add.
- In the Server alias box, enter the name of the new SQL Server alias.
How do I find the database server name in SharePoint 2013?
Go to your Central Admin in your SharePoint server. On Application Management page select Manage content database from the “Databases” section. Then select the web application of which web application content database name you want. Finally you will get the Content Database name for the specific web application.}
What is a database server used for?
Database servers are used to store and manage databases that are stored on the server and to provide data access for authorized users. This type of server keeps the data in a central location that can be regularly backed up. It also allows users and applications to centrally access the data across the network.
How do you set up a database server?
Start the setup wizard
- Log in to the computer as a user with Windows administrator privileges.
- Close all applications on your computer.
- Access the installation executable.
- Read the information on the first window and click Next to proceed with database server setup.